Monday, November 16, 2015

So Here's What I Think

I don't have all the answers.
No one does. I'm going to try my best to do what I can, with God's help. 
You may not like it, you may not agree with what I'm saying, but I feel it's necessary to tell you what I think. So here goes.

Some of the yaks: (for reference)
"I'd love to go through my long line of questioning that led me to atheism but nobody has ever been able to answer them, and your arguments are already familiar. But certainly not all bad things come from us. Plenty just happens. Someone innocent dies in a fire. Someone drowns in a flood, etc. And if you'd argue that these horrible things are part of God's plan, I want nothing to do with a god that chooses to include such awful things in his plan. And if you'd argue that bad things are a trial through which we must persevere and keep faith, that god seems more like a psychopath than a loving guardian."

I'd agree.
Those things are incredibly awful. Innocent people dying, causing their families, friends, and loved ones to suffer. Worlds become shitty, war ridden, and unbearable. And how do we explain it? How can we live in a world where these things happen, and just believe that they're 'for a reason', and that 'God has a plan'? It's hard. It's damn hard.

There are many things I can't even begin to think about explaining, let alone fathom them. How would you explain why people die for no reason? How can you explain why there are millions of people right now who are being affected by the events in Paris and Beirut? I have no idea. I do know what I believe to be true, which is that there indeed is a plan. 
But people make decisions we don't see coming. They decide to believe in their choices. They believe the words in their heads, seeing what they're doing as right and correct and good. They think that what they are doing is for the good of the world.

So you're right, I have no real answers, I have no proven facts. I do have faith.
Faith that we are made to do good works.
We are made to go out and help those who need help.
I have been given life, so that I may help sustain life in others.
We are called to be the help the world needs.
I have a house, a family, a bed, an income(albeit small), friends, you name it. I believe I was given all these things so that I can use them to do God's work, whatever it may be. If there is someone who needs something that I can provide for them and I feel that God is calling me to do so, you better believe I'm going to do that!

God's original plan may not include a house fire taking the life of an innocent child.
But I choose to believe that He does have a plan that includes many, many people coming together to support the family of that child. That child, who's now in Heaven, partying it up with God Himself. And I know you may not agree, and I'm sorry for that. I hope you find this interesting at least. That it's something to continue to think about, not just blow off.
Reflect on it, give it thought, prayer even-- if your up for it.
Don't make up your mind, be open... and just wait, hope, and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment